The Plan of Salvation
The following are the simple steps to eternal life with Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior.
ALL HAVE SINNED
Romans 3:23 (For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;)
1 John 1:8 (If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.)
THERE IS A PENALTY FOR SIN
- Romans 6:23 (For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.)
- John 3:18 (He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.)
YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF
- Titus 3:5 (Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;)
- James 2:10 (For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.)
SALVATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED
- Ephesians 2:8-9 (For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.)
- John 3:16 (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
- John 14:6 (Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.)
THE CONDITIONS ARE SIMPLE
- Luke 13:3 (I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.)
- 1 John 1:9 (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.)
- Romans 10:9 (That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.)
- Acts 16:31 (And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.)
NOW IS THE TIME FOR DECISION
- Joshua 24:15 (And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.)
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
SHARE YOUR NEW FAITH
Confess Christ before men.
- Matthew 10:32-33 (Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. )
Join a church which follows the New Testament.
- Acts 2:47 (Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.)
Tell others the story.
- Matthew 28:19-20 (Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.)
Copyright © 2013 DEGTek Systems, LLC and Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church